Saturday, August 24, 2019

Houston Dash falls to Sky Blue FC on Carli Lloyd brace

Photo by
Darla Tamulitis, La Vita Loca Photography
Copyright 2019 All Rights Reserved
By Robert H Kelly
Copyright 2019 All Rights Reserved

HOUSTON, TEXAS (August 24, 2019) Kealia Ohai (shown right) got the Houston on the score board in added time of the second half, however it was not enough to overcome two Carli Lloyd goals as the Dash fell to Sky Blue FC by the score of 2-1 at BBVA Stadium in Houston. It was the second goal of the season for Ohai, in a game that saw Houston outshoot Sky Blue 18-13. The two goals for Lloyd raised her total for the season to four. The 18 shots by Houston was a season-high and didn't include the two shots that hot the crossbar.

Lloyd's goals came in there 26th abd 41st minutes and came off of assists by Jennifer Hoy and Raquel Rodriguez, respectively. Arian Caide received the assist for Ohai's goal; the first of the season. Ohai discussed the outcome after the fame.
“We were really disappointed in the first half of this game. We started terribly. Maybe this half was our worst we have ever played. It was frustrating because it was on us. We gave up. Those were Sky Blue’s goals but both were mistakes. It’s really frustrating. But I am very proud that we fought until the end of the game. We had a lot of unlucky shots. But it was on us.”
Dash head coach James Clarkson also weighed in on the game.

“First half, I’m really disappointed. But first half I thought we were terrible and dug ourselves into a really big hole. Credit to Sky Blue I thought they played well the first half. They out fought us. They worked harder than us. It’s not acceptable—first half we were terrible, second half it got a little bit better. We’ve created enough chances to win the game but I’m sure Sky Blue are probably thinking they could have scored more goals tonight as well—so a really frustrating and disappointing night.”

Photo by
Darla Tamulitis, La Vita Loca Photography
Copyright 2019 All Rights Reserved
Lloyd (shown left) talked about her brace for Sky Blue after the game.

“I feel really good. I think I’m at a point in my career where everything feels in sync. I feel very balanced with my body and my life. I physically feel the best I’ve felt. I feel efficient with my running and I feel I’m a much smarter player as I’ve gotten older. This was the plan and the evolution all along in my career. In these last couple of years in my career there’s been tactical changes I’ve made. It’s all about getting better every single day. I’m okay with always being uncomfortable and not always being so good at something at training and sticking with it, getting the reps and becoming better at it."
The Dash travel to Chicago on September 8 to face the Chicago Red Stars at Toyota Park.


No comments: