Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hunter Pence for NL Rookie of the Year

By Robert H. Kelly

Houston Astros' center fielder Hunter Pence is certainly making a name for himself.

Having watched ball players all of my life, I find him a breath of fresh air in the hurricane that is Major League Baseball.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I really like this kid. He has the look of an athlete. He doesn't seem stuck on himself, and he looks as if he is playing the game just because he loves it.

I know that sounds cliches; like a line from an old time movie, but he could very well be the future of the Astros franchise.

Look at his stats since he was called up on April 28: 23 games, 88 at bats, 30 hits,11 runs, 4 home runs, and 16 RBIs. His batting average is .341.

If this kid is not a serious candidate for National League Rookie of the Year, then many are not keeping track of him.

TexSport Publications is starting a blog to keep up with Pence and incredible rookie season.


Click here to go the the "Hunter Pence for NL Rookie of the Year" blog.


No comments: