Copyright 2011 TexSport Publications
HOUSTON, TEXAS (November 13, 2011) The Houston Texans (6-3) will look to extend their three-game winning streak against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-4) on Sunday at Raymond James Stadium. Kickoff is set for 1:00 PM ET.
The Texans and the Buccaneers have faced off twice previously in history.
Each team is 1-1 in the series.
On December 14, 2003, the Texans lost to the Buccaneers 16-3 at Rayburn James Stadium.
On December 9, 2007, the Texans came out on top 28-14 at Reliant Stadium.
Houston has had some good performances against Tampa Bay since their inaugural game in 2003.
- Andre Johnson had nine receptions for 82 yards and one touchdown on December 9, 2007.
- Kevin Walter had five receptions for 47 yards and a touchdown on December 9, 2007.
- Owen Daniels had three receptions for 20 yards and touchdown on December 9, 2007
- DeMeco Ryans had six tackles (three solo) on December 9, 2007.
A win over Tampa Bay would give the Texans the following milestones:
- Improve head coach Gary Kubiak’s career record to 44-46 overall and 2-0 against Tampa Bay.
- Improve their record against Tampa Bay to 2-1 in the all-time series.
- Give the Texans its first win at Raymond James Stadium.
- Give Houston a four-game winning streak, tying a franchise record set in 2009.
- Improve their record to 7-3, which would be the best mark through 10 games in franchise history.