Friday, August 26, 2016

HBU Women’s Basketball’s Monet Neal Signs Pro Contract

Former Huskies forward to play for the Dublin Meteors.

From Houston Baptist University Media Relations Department

Photo courtesy of HBU Media Relations
Used with permission.
HOUSTON, TEXAS (August 26, 2016) Former Houston Baptist University women’s basketball forward Monet Neal has signed a professional contract to play for the Dublin Meteors Basketball Club in the Irish Women’s Premier League. Neal was quoted after signing her contract:

“I’m extremely excited and blessed that I have been given the opportunity to continue playing the game! I’m so thankful for my family, friends, teammates and coaches who have continued to support me through my basketball career and I’m looking forward to this next step.”
 HBU head coach Donna Finnie stated:

“Monet has dreamt of traveling and playing overseas and I’m so thrilled for her that she has secured a contract in an incredible city like Dublin. Anyone who watched Monet play knows she is a passionate player and that is going to help her in the physical Irish league. She has the potential to have a long career ahead of her and I’m very excited to follow her progress this year.”

Neal played at HBU from 2012-16, finishing her collegiate career 11th on HBU’s all-time scoring list with 888 points, eighth with 560 rebounds and 14th with 49 blocked shots. This past season, the San Antonio native wrapped up her Huskies career by averaging 12.7 points and 7.3 rebounds.

To follow Neal this season visit the website of the Dublin Meteors: at meteorsbasketball.com.

No comments: